2011 was a great year. I photographed my first two weddings (Lindsey & Chris, Maile & Archie) and I spent two days in Boulder, Co. learning from one of the best wedding photographers in the industry at the MJ 2 Day. Although I’m new to the wedding industry and I don’t have years and years of experience, wedding photography is something so special to me because there’s just not much that beats spending the day with two completely in love people and creating images from real moments that they will cherish for the rest of their lives. I tear up, cry, and laugh through the whole day, because it’s just so incredible to be a part of something so meaningful.
While a big part of my plans for 2012 involve second shooting for other photographers much more than booking my own slew of weddings, I do hope to book just a handful, and something I’m SO EXCITED to do in 2012 is give away free wedding coverage. Although it’s one of the most important parts of the wedding day, wedding photography can be very expensive. However, it is the only thing (besides your marriage of course!) that you will have when the flowers are gone, the cake is eaten, the I Do’s are said, and the day is all said and done. Successful wedding images should take you back to that day and help you re-live the special moments that too quickly slipped from your memory, or you were too excited or nervous to remember after the fact. So, I’m extremely happy to be offering free coverage to one lucky couple!
So here’s the nitty gritty:
To enter: Between December 19th and January 26th, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: 2012 Wedding Giveaway and include the following information…
– You and your fiance’s name (or a friend and his/her fiance’s name! You can absolutely enter on a friend’s behalf so long as they are getting married in 2012!
– A short but sweet story about you two as a couple, something that makes you unique, something funny or special, or just flat out why you deserve to win
– Up to 3 photos of the two of you together
– Wedding date & venue/location(s)
– Just for fun: Your favorite way to spend your time together on the weekends?
– Contact information (email and phone)
How it works: Up to three finalists may be chosen by Brittani, Erin from A Lowcountry Wedding, and Sarah from Dodeline Design based off of their story submitted. A blurb from each story accompanied by an image will be put into The 2012 Wedding Giveaway album on the Britt Croft Photography Facebook page, and you send your friends to “like” your image between January 30th and February 8th. Remember they must first “like” the Britt Croft Photography page! The picture with the most likes by 6 p.m. on February 8th wins, the picture with the second-most likes wins 25% savings, and the following morning, one finalist couple will be chosen for a free engagement session!
What you could win:
1. First Place: 8 hours of wedding day coverage with Brittani, an online gallery for sharing with friends and family, a DVD of all final high-res images (500-800) with a personal print release, a complimentary engagement session
2. Second Place: 25% savings on wedding day coverage if booked within 3 months
3. All finalists: 10% savings on wedding day coverage if booked within 3 months and one free engagement session given away to a randomly chosen (using random.org) finalist couple
The fine print: Just the things I’m obligated to include! 🙂
– All 2012 dates other than 5/19, 9/15, 9/29 and 11/3 are fair game!
– You must be engaged and actively planning a 2012 wedding – OR – your friend must be engaged…you can definitely enter on the behalf of a friend as long as they are planning a 2012 wedding! 🙂
– The wedding can take place anywhere, but weddings outside of South Carolina or Maryland will be subject to standard travel fees
– Additional add on’s (second photographer, album, parent’s album, additional hours, etc.) are available for standard fees
– Questions? Want to learn more about me or my business? I’m more than happy to answer any questions 🙂 Send them to email@example.com